The ant staircase serves as a good bridging option in a shelf, e.g. to connect a nest with an arena above.
In addition, the relatively shallow rise of the spiral provides an extension of the walking path.
Even ants that find it difficult to climb smooth tubes on steep inclines should have no problem here.
In addition, the Plexiglas tube makes this ant staircase a great place to observe the ants.
The ant staircase always consists of 100 mm spiral segments that are put together, e.g. 307 mm = 3 spirals + the end pieces.
Unfortunately, this staircase is not suitable for very small species due to the gap dimensions (gap tolerances). The list below shows successfully tested species.
Suitable for the ant staircase:
- Irdomyrmex purpureus
- Cataglyphis nodus
- and other species of this size
We would be happy to receive reports on the experience of your ant species!
Instructions will be sent to your email address in the form of a PDF.
On request we can also provide your species with an individual pitch of the spiral and also make other heights.
- (HxLxW): see pictures
- connections: 14 mm hole
- one spiral: height 100 mm, outer diameter: 44,5 mm, inner diameter: 11,3 mm
- Barrel extension per spiral (up and down): 250 mm (inside) and 600 mm (outside)
- Spacing of spiral shelves: approx. 22 mm
- 2x end segments
- 1x plug
- 1x plexiglass pipe
- Instructions in PDF format
- Use under direct adult supervision!
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Not suitable for children under 36 months. Choking hazard due to small parts which may be swallowed.
- Colours may differ slightly from the original in the pictures shown!
- There may be slight tolerances in the accuracy of fit!
There are no reviews yet.